- Created on Thursday, 24 January 2013 17:57
- Last Updated on Friday, 17 January 2014 21:39
- Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 17:57
About District 15
OSSTF District 15 – Trillium Lakelands is a large and diverse region comprising Haliburton, East Muskoka and the City of Kawartha Lakes. The District represents over 500 secondary teachers, occasional teachers and professional student services personnel (PSSP) who provide outstanding educational opportunities and support in secondary schools, alternative education and training centres, the Virtual Learning Centre, the Central East Correctional Centre, the Lindsay Boys and Girls Club, Connor Group Homes and in the Bracebridge, Haliburton and Lindsay corporate offices of the Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
OSSTF District 15 provides a variety of representation assistance and services to members including:
- Collective bargaining and maintenance of the collective agreement;
- Member protection;
- Information and advice;
- Benefits services (administration, enrolment, claims, and appeals assistance);
- Occupational health and safety;
- Pension and retirement planning assistance;
- Professional development opportunities;
- And more…
There are two time release officers who work at the District 15 Office in Lindsay on behalf of the membership: President Peter Carroll, and Federation Officer John Mazara. Additionally, the District has one employee whose job it is to support the work of the District Office and the elected leadership in the District.
Looking for more About Us...