District 15 Awards of Merit
District 15 has four awards to recognize the outstanding achievement of members in their service to the Federation and to their communities.
- Dedication to Volunteerism and Community Building Award
- Peter Carroll District Service Award
- OSSTF Individual Environmental Award
- Status of Women Award
- Nominations must include the name of the nominee, the nominator, and the name of the award for which the submission is intended;
- Nominations must focus on the nominee's accomplishments / involvement as outlined in the award criteria and should be limited to roughly one page in length;
- Nominations can be forwarded by board courier, email or by hand to the District Office;
- Nominations must be received no later than May 5, 2017 at 4pm;
- Members may be nominated for more than one award, but may only win one award in a single year.
Winners will be selected by a 3 member panel appointed by the Teachers' / Occasional Teachers' Bargaining Unit Council. Award winners, and their nominators, will be invited to attend the Annual Meeting of the Bargaining Unit Assembly where their award will be presented. Awards also include a cash prize.