Collective Bargaining Committee
The Collective Bargaining Committee (CBC) for the Teachers’/Occasional Teachers’ Bargaining Unit is chaired and coordinated by the Federation Officer, and is comprised of one member elected from each Branch, the School of Alternate Education, and the Occasional Teachers of the Bargaining Unit. It is the job of the CBC to consult with the membership to determine the goals and priorities for negotiations prior to the development of the negotiations brief for presentation to and approval by the Bargaining Unit Council and the OSSTF Protective Services Department. Ultimately, the approved negotiations brief will be presented to the District School Board and will form the basis for negotiations of revisions to the Collective Agreement.
The current members of the Collective Bargaining Committee are:
- John Mazara, Chair (Federation Officer)
- Sean O’Toole (Bracebridge & Muskoka Lakes Secondary School)
- Bob Carruth (Fenelon Falls Secondary School)
- Ignatius VanKooten (Gravenhurst High School)
- Ron Zondervan (Haliburton Highlands Secondary School)
- Ron MacDonald (Huntsville High School)
- Paul Allore (I. E. Weldon Secondary School)
- Michael Arthurs (Lindsay Collegiate & Vocational Institute)
- Lori Sargent (School of Alternate Education)
- Sharon Robbins (Vice President)
- Colin Matthew (President)
Members of the CBC are elected by each branch/workplace/group following the ratification of a new collective agreement.