Professional Development Fund
Each year OSSTF District 15 administers a Professional Development Fund from which members can apply for reimbursement for the cost of their professional development activities. Currently, the Collective Agreement provides $30,000.00 annually for the fund, and District 15 often contributes a portion of its own budget to the fund as well.
Each September, the Bargaining Unit Council reviews, updates and approves the procedure for the fund, which are the rules by which the fund is administered. Members should review the PD Fund Procedure for the current school year prior to submitting a claim, as it will outline the process as well as the criteria and limits for claims to the fund.
Members wishing to make a claim should download and complete a PD Fund Application Form, attach the appropriate supporting documentation and submit their application to the District Office in advance of the May 15 deadline. Application forms can also be obtained in your worksite from your Branch Educational Services Representative. Any questions regarding the Professional Development Fund, or claiming reimbursement for a professional development activity, can be directed either to the Educational Services Representative in your Branch, or to the District Office.
Branch Educational Services Representatives
- Alicia Lloyd, Bracebridge & Muskoka Lakes Secondary School
- Dianne Kelly - Fenelon Falls Secondary School
- TBD – Gravenhurst High School
- Paul Klose – Haliburton Highlands Secondary School
- Jeffrey Young - Huntsville High School
- Tammy Peterkin – I. E. Weldon Secondary School
- Lisa Thornton - Lindsay Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- Kelly Connell - School of Alternate Education