Upcoming Events

March 2019
week 9 1 2
week 10 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
week 11 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
week 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
week 13 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
week 14 31
No events

When Should I Call the Union?

Keep Calm and Call Your Union Rep

Members are encouraged to contact their Branch President or the District Office:

  • Any time you have a question that is related to your workload, working conditions, or other area covered by the collective agreement.
  • If you are being asked to do something that you believe violates the collective agreement.
  • If a member of the admin team says they want to meet with you and you feel that they are probing you for culpability in relation to your actions with a student, group of students, colleague, parent or community member.
  • If a member of the admin team says they want to meet you and advises you to bring a Union representative.
  • If you are told to leave the school and are assigned to another worksite or placed on home assignment.
  • If you are injured or hurt on the job.
  • If you have a health and safety concern in your worksite.
  • If you are contacted by the police or CAS about anything related to your work.
  • If you are told you will receive an unsatisfactory TPA.
  • If you need support with the group benefits plan.
  • If you are unable to work for medical reasons for an extended period of time.

If you are unsure if your question is a union matter, call.  If we can't answer your question, we'll help you find out who can…