When Should I Call the Union?
Members are encouraged to contact their Branch President or the District Office:
- Any time you have a question that is related to your workload, working conditions, or other area covered by the collective agreement.
- If you are being asked to do something that you believe violates the collective agreement.
- If a member of the admin team says they want to meet with you and you feel that they are probing you for culpability in relation to your actions with a student, group of students, colleague, parent or community member.
- If a member of the admin team says they want to meet you and advises you to bring a Union representative.
- If you are told to leave the school and are assigned to another worksite or placed on home assignment.
- If you are injured or hurt on the job.
- If you have a health and safety concern in your worksite.
- If you are contacted by the police or CAS about anything related to your work.
- If you are told you will receive an unsatisfactory TPA.
- If you need support with the group benefits plan.
- If you are unable to work for medical reasons for an extended period of time.
If you are unsure if your question is a union matter, call. If we can't answer your question, we'll help you find out who can…