Collective Bargaining Committee
The Collective Bargaining Committee (CBC) for the Teachers’/Occasional Teachers’ Bargaining Unit is chaired and coordinated by the Federation Officer, and is comprised of one member elected from each Branch, and the Occasional Teachers of the Bargaining Unit. It is the job of the CBC to consult with the membership to determine the goals and priorities for negotiations prior to the development of the negotiations brief for presentation to and approval by the Bargaining Unit Council and the OSSTF Protective Services Department. Ultimately, the approved negotiations brief will be presented to the District School Board and will form the basis for negotiations of revisions to the Collective Agreement.
The current members of the Collective Bargaining Committee are:
- John Mazara, Chair (Federation Officer)
- Andrew Galbraith (Bracebridge & Muskoka Lakes Secondary School)
- Stephanie McDonald (Fenelon Falls Secondary School)
- Iggi van Kooten (Gravenhurst High School)
- Jason Morissette (Haliburton Highlands Secondary School)
- Darryl Scott (Huntsville High School)
- Cathy Duvall (I. E. Weldon Secondary School)
- Ryan Weiler (Lindsay Collegiate & Vocational Institute)
- Lori Sargent (School of Alternate Education)
- Wes Palmer (Occasional Teachers)
- Erin Matthew (Vice President)
- Craig Horsley (President)
Members of the CBC are elected by each branch/group following the ratification of a new collective agreement.